Friday, November 25, 2011

Cheesecakepumpkin pie

So, I had to do a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving but in Germany, where there are no Graham crackers, no pie plates, no pumpkin in the can or evaporated milk..... so there were lots of substitutions ahead of me and this is what I did.
I bought a pumpking, that alone isn't easy around here since they do have all kinds of different pumpkins and I was worried they might be to slushy. So I got a big Hokkaido Kuerbis and found out that it weight about 900g which is a lot. So I got it all cleaned, seeds out etc and cut it in pieces and put it in my new Thermomix. I cooked it and smached it up in the machine for about 20 minutes. Than I let it all cool down, and put in to the pumpkin:
6 eggs
1 can of condensed milk
1 small can of cream
2 philadelphia cheese
2 packs of bourbon french vanilla
2 packs of Christmas Spices
Cinnamon
mixed all of that up and poured it in the pie pan which I had filled with crushed Melbatoast, Sugar and Cinnamon mixed in with some hot water.

All in the oven for an hrs at 180C.....

This is just for me to remember for next year... :-)

1 comment: