Monday, May 17, 2010

Healthy Whole Wheat Pizza / Kid Friendly

I love to cook with Anna and Anna loves to cook with me. So I am always looking for recipes we can work on together.
Some weeks back Anna and I decided we wanted Pizza and she got to pick the toppings. It was cheese, tomato sauce and black Olives...lots of Olives. :-) Anna loves the black Olives! :-)
Just so it was a healthier version of the store bought pizzas I decided to go for a whole wheat crust.
Here is the Recipe for the crust:

2 cups of Whole Wheat
1 Egg
2 Tablespoons of Margarine
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Teaspoon of Sugar
2 Tablespoons of Dry Yeast
1/2 cup of warm Water

knead to a Yeast dough with your hands ( kids love that part) and than spread it out on a pizza stone or a cookie sheet. Put your own topping son and of it goes into the oven for about 20 min. Just make sure that the toppings are not to fluid. :-)


      

No comments:

Post a Comment